🏠 Home 🚀 Startup OS 💰 Startup Credits
🏁 Start Here!
📔 Canvases, worksheets and templates
💸 Startup Fundraising Checklist
📈 SaaS and Financial Metrics
🛠 Tools and Platforms
📒 Articles and Blog posts
📚 Tiny Guides + Checklists
🚀 Have an epic launch
Last updated: 25/3/2023
Introduction to Entrepreneurship
// Our attempt to simplify the art of starting up and building a value loop. A startup is born when dreams, demand and dedication converge.
Hey Future Founders 👋🏻
Simplified Entrepreneurship is an honest attempt to encourage more people to start founding, unlock self-potential and build your "NewCo." This tiny guide reveals the secret of starting up with less than $100 to make upwards of $1000 motivating you to build and launch tiny moonshots 🚀 fuelled by your passion, creativity, time, imagination, discipline, and juice, of course.
Purpose of Simplified Entrepreneurship;
3 Y's of Simplified Entrepreneurship
🧑🏼💻 The Important Y - You (Founder/Maker)
Founder Mindset - Pre-requisite
When you are working towards building something the world has never seen, boy! it takes a lot of adventure, service and high levels of persistence. Having a Growth and Founder mindset will set you up foreseeing both the greatest and the steepest.
Simply, a calm brain behind crazy ideas!
More on how to change to Founder's mindset;
How to Change Founder's Mindset; Why Many Founders Fail to Turn Their Idea Into a Successful...
There is a common belief that to build a successful startup, you need three co-founders; Hustler, Hipster, and Hacker. The Hustler will sell the product and raise money, the Hipster will design a simple and easy to use the product, and the Hacker will...
Catalyst/mediums that give your idea way, shape and form:
- Technology: Leverage the value of the current technology landscape. We are living in a very fortunate time many founders spent their lives building cool stuff that made future platform building so accessible and easy to use
- Tools + Platforms: There are many tools especially no-code tools which eliminated the efforts to building something ground up and uncomplicated the venture building process
- Partners: Identity channel partners who not only turn into sales engines but also bring their expertise to help you build amazing products
- Service Providers: Partner with existing/similar service providers (if any). If their operations are manual, you/your product can help them automate end-to-end. Your product now has a competitive advantage and testimonial to support your growth
💼 The value-generating Y - Your Company
Your offering can be a Product / Service or a Productised Service.
Don't have an Idea?
Finding a Business Idea
So, you want to start a business but you're struggling to come up with business ideas. Don't stress about it, it's quite normal. During this process, you'll probably come up with several ideas, then you'll think they have been done before, or that they wouldn't work.
Want inspiration for ideas?
Sign up for these!
Startup Ideas powered by OpenAI
by @levelsio A startup that provides a service for helping people who are looking to hire contractors and small businesses to find the right one ✖ Swipe left, or your left arrow key to dislike ❤️ Swipe right, or your right arrow key to like The idea (pun intended) is to give you inspiration to make something cool, if you lack inspiration right now.
Your next business idea, delivered weekly | Trends by the Hustle
Catalyst's that drive your company's growth:
- Business Model - Don't complicate. Simple, the better.
- Value-Driven: Direct value to your customer whose head is on fire.
- Build a feedback and value Loop.
- Focus on a "job-to-be-done" rather than going through the whole process of problem discovery.
- Run behind the value, not valuation. The best investment is always from customers.
Questions to ask your customer and yourself before building it. Is our solution;
Desirable: What's desirable from a human, environmental and organisational perspective?
Viable: What can we do that is sustainable now and into the future?
Feasible: What's technically possible?
Ethical / Impactful: Just because we can should we? Does it truly achieve the outcomes we need to see?
How to hit the innovation sweet spot and why it's not all that straightforward - Board of Innovation
Learn about the four key factors of brilliant innovation - and the balancing act to combine them. Here are some hands-on tips and tricks.
Steps you can take to verify that the solutions you are working on to solve your target customer’s key challenge or pain points.
🦸🏻♂️ The paying Y - Your Customers (it's all about them)
- Customer obsession is key
- Build a community-driven business. A community may convert to a customer base if their every input is valued, quick turnaround on error resolution, feature prioritisation and much more. Communities are so powerful that 5 years ago "Community Manager" job didn't exist.
🥷🏻 The significant M - Mentors!
Mentors! Mentors! Mentors!
- Mentor driven value: Mentors not only give you a direction, but they also bring a lot of value in terms of educating you (not everyone is good at everything) and showing you a path to find the right acquisition channels to seek further validation and grow your startup hence achieving product-market fit. You need to be mentorable!
- Mentor driven growth for startups: Mentors has the highest ability to increase your network by introducing you to their own. All you need is dedication and commitment. Deliver value and there are good people out there to support you always.
Bases in Simplified Entrepreneurship
// Each base contains all of the information you need for a particular section or collection.
Great article on how to build a SaaS business on your own! Don't forget to watch the Youtube video at the end.
Build Your Own Successful SaaS Business
SaaS stands for Software as a Service. A SaaS is a cloud-based service where instead of downloading software on your desktop PC or business network to run and update, you instead access an application via an internet browser.
Life in entrepreneurship is never linear, but by educating ourselves and taking advantage of the available tools and resources, we can at least try normalising it.
The only way to get better at something is by addressing the challenges and finding every possible way to overcome them, leading to success.
I personally believe every future or current founder should have "Imagination" and "Discipline". Imagination is a great power to create something futuristic and fuels commitment to dedicate.
📥 Forms - Chilipepper
📊 Page Analytics - Notionlytics
Sources to images and their descriptions are provided next to or below every image/framework or methodology.
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Hey Future Founders 👋🏻
- Purpose of Simplified Entrepreneurship;
- 3 Y's of Simplified Entrepreneurship
- 🧑🏼💻 The Important Y - You (Founder/Maker)
- Founder Mindset - Pre-requisite
- Catalyst/mediums that give your idea way, shape and form:
- 💼 The value-generating Y - Your Company
- Catalyst's that drive your company's growth:
- Questions to ask your customer and yourself before building it. Is our solution;
- Steps you can take to verify that the solutions you are working on to solve your target customer’s key challenge or pain points.
- 🦸🏻♂️ The paying Y - Your Customers (it's all about them)
- 🥷🏻 The significant M - Mentors!
- Bases in Simplified Entrepreneurship